February Short Stories Wrap-up!
Hi Sisters! I hope that you were able to enjoy (or dislike) reading some (or all) of the short stories for this month's reading group! If you're wondering what to do with the stories you've read, here are some short story reading tips. What should I look for when reading short story? Well, look for the SETTING, CHARACTERS, PLOT, CONFLICT, POINT OF VIEW and THEME. To learn more follow this link http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/ engramja/elements.html#SETTING . I did not create this webpage, but as an English teacher I use it to remind myself what these 6 short story elements are!
Now that you're well-educated on Short Story elements go back to the stories you've read and see if you can pick out the setting, characters, plot, conflict, PoV and Theme from them. If you haven't read any yet, do it now and while you're at it make it worthwhile and find these short story elements! When you're finished we'd love to hear your feedback!! Discussion through the blog this month is Highly encouraged!!
You have only 3 full days left (well counting today three and a half!) Happy reading (and thinking)!
Lori - Chief of Cover to Cover (a reasonable and possible) Reading Group