Monday, July 3, 2017

The baby BOOM in 5th ward!

Hattie Leavitt and Frances Leavitt
daughters of Cole and Deanna Leavitt
great granddaughters of Max & Dianne Oertli
Hattie Leavitt and Frances Leavitt
25 May 2017
They have no middle names because it's tradition in Cole's family for the girls to keep their maiden names as middle names when they get married. I chose the names because I liked them and they are also characters from books that I had as a kid.
They were born at 36 1/2 weeks gestation. Both were healthy and big and had no complications so we were able to bring them home after just two nights.

Frances 6lbs and Hattie 6lbs 14oz
They shared a placenta which means they came from one egg that split and are technically identical... but they look different to us. Maybe it's that one is a pound bigger? I guess we'll see if they look more alike as they get older.

Thank you all for your support and love and all the meals and help we received... We are truly grateful!

***

Emmett Reid Richards
son of Tenelle and Mat Richards 
great grandson of Duane & Marian Walton
31 May 2017
From Tenelle:  We chose Emmett because he is a big boy and needed a "big name". I also like double letters. Reid is Mat's middle and my grandma's maiden name. I like family names for middle names.