To: All of the amazing singers in the ward,
I am so excited to start a new season of choir! Here are the details:
The start date will be September 11th. That's next Sunday!! Yeah!! We will meet in the Relief Society room directly after church. So our time frame will be as close to 2:00 for a start time, and we will be done by 3:00.
I plan to run choir each Sunday after church, but we will take breaks on holidays and long weekends.
This fall we will focus on the hymns and Christmas songs.
I know that as we sing within our practices and for our ward, we are blessed. That the spirit speaks through song and that we can truly touch the lives of others and our own.
I cannot run a choir by myself, I need the support of each and every one of you, any family members you can bring with you and any other ward members that you would like to invite and pass this message on to.
Thank you for your support, your love of Christ and your willingness to help sing praises unto Him.
Love,
Sister Rowe
“I wonder sometimes if we realize the importance of music. I wonder if we know that the Lord himself is concerned about it. He has given us the information that the song of praise is a prayer unto him. . . . It [is] our privilege, yea, our blessing, to sing and . . . our songs should be sung in righteousness.”
-- President George Albert Smith, Church News, Feb. 16, 1946, 6
-- President George Albert Smith, Church News, Feb. 16, 1946, 6